Lessons from Lily
Today is Lily’s second birthday and I’ve been thinking about some of the lessons that both Lily and Molly have taught me. So here goes…
1. Have fun every day, never take yourself too seriously
2. Be enthusiastic, even if no one around you is, especially then
3. Forget the past, today is a new day
4. Be curious, get yourself into things you shouldn’t once in awhile
5. Run through puddles, what’s the fun of going around? – splash on through
6. Play early and often
7. Get up very early and take it all in, no wasting daylight
8. Run every day, it’s fun and good for you
9. Take naps, you’ll need them
10. Smile, show those teeth until your cheeks hurt
11. Treat yourself once a day, maybe twice
12. Visit Grandma and Grandpa as often as possible, very cute couple
13. Make friends wherever you go; most important, be a good friend
14. Unconditional love, is there any other kind?
15. Give more than you receive, don’t count, just give
16. Joy, live it, what’s the risk?
17. Celebrate every day like it’s your birthday!
Some great lessons. Makes me wonder what lessons that I offer in my actions, inactions, reactions and words. Thanks for the reminder to cast light! Happy Birthday and thanks for the many gifts.
Happy birthday, Lily!
. . . . and remember how cute you were when you were a puppy. Happy, who knows all of this was 3 last week.
Being a dog owner for most of my life (but currently only mothering the two-legged variety) I whole-heartedly agree with your lessons. Pets bring so much joy into our lives and teach us so many things! The reminder was nice today as its been over 5 years since I’ve had a dog licking me awake in the morning. 🙂 Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Oh goodness!! And Happy Birthday to Lily dog!! Bring her some Frosty Paws home tonight!
These are great lessons to live by — Happy Birthday Lily!
Awww! Happy birthday, girl!! <3
Happy Birthday to Lily! What beautiful lessons Lily and Molly have taught you!! Precious! 🙂
I was just thinking about writing a post about the lessons I learned from my dog, Sam, but you beat me too it. 🙂 Happy 2nd Birthday to Lily!
Ahhh … give Lily a nice face fluff from me, too. Another dog lover.
So true. Happy Birthday Lily!
#5…. My sentiments exactly! http://jaajaabor.wordpress.com/2012/03/09/melting-snow-and-spontaneity/