Do the Work
“Everything happens at exactly the right moment, neither too soon, nor too late. You don’t have to like it…it’s just easier if you do.” – Byron Katie
I always listen to one of three podcasts on my training runs. Cathy Heller’s Don’t Keep Your Day Job, Ryan Holiday’s The Daily Stoic and Joyce Meyer’s Enjoying Everyday Life. Books, music, podcasts pull us out of our own thoughts to explore, question and ponder.
The interview this week on Don’t Keep Your Day Job with Byron Katie, The Work was filled with wonderful insights including four questions to ask yourself to change the narrative you tell yourself and the power to change it to serve you better:
- “Is it true?”
- “Can I absolutely know this is true?”
- “How do I react when I believe this thought?”
- “Who would I be without this thought?” Then turn it around and say “What is the opposite?”
A few other takeaways:
- You are your own way out. It begins and ends with you.
- Don’t feel guilty for believing what you believe.
- Freedom and happiness are your birthright.
We choose our own thoughts so we have the power to change our world. Explore abundance, create your days, see the brilliance in the petal of a flower.
Do the work and carve the life you deserve.