New New Year’s Resolutions
Each year on this day, we focus on our shortcomings and with short-lived enthusiasm we set our new year’s resolutions, often the same ones we had last year. Lose weight. Join a gym. Exercise more. Find a new job. Travel. Spend less. Get organized.
With a renewed and sustained hope, here’s a new top 10 resolution list to consider:
- Let go of the past and be present to the blessings of each day, there are many
- Forgive yourself and others
- Lighten up and laugh
- Spend 10 minutes each morning setting the course for the day in quiet prayer and meditation, listening deeply
- Go above and beyond, no strings attached or expectation of “return on investment”
- Move your body, mind and spirit each day to improve your whole self
- Slow down and take life in instead of pass it by, single-task
- Love unconditionally, it’s the only way to truly love
- Deepen faith and discover your spirit that longs to be set free, it’s in there quietly asking to go out and play
- Enjoy each day with the innocence and delight of a child
Cast your light, let the light in and fill this year with wonder, gratitude and joy, one day at a time.